- wooden embroidery hoop
- natural tan/brown yarn
- sage, lavender and any other color yarn for succulents
- 5mm and 5.5mm crochet hooks
- tapestry needle
single crochet around wooden hoop with natural tan/brown yarn until fully covered. BO.
Succulent style 1
- chain 41 in succulent color yarn
- (large leaves) slip stitch into 2nd chain from hook, *half double crochet 1, double crochet 2, chain 2, double crochet 2, half double crochet 1, slip stitch 2* Repeat from *to* 2 more times. 3 leaves in total. For the fourth large leaf, half double crochet 1, double crochet 2, chain 2, double crochet 2, half double crochet 1, slip stitch 1 (4 total leaves).
- (medium leaves) single crochet 1, half double crochet 2, chain 1, half double crochet 2, single crochet 1, slip slip stitch 2. (1 total)
- (small leaves) single crochet 2, chain 1, single crochet 2, slip stitch. (1 total)
- Bind Off
Roll into a spiral and sew bottom edges together with a tapestry needle.
For larger/smaller leaves, chain an amount of multiples of 10 +1. Then decide if you want larger leaves, medium and smaller. It’s totally DIY and up to you! 😊
Succulent style 2
- chain 20
- single crochet 4 in second chain from hook and single crochet 4 in each stitch until you reach the end
- Bind Off
You can do any length and any number of single crochets in each chain. I recommend 2 if you want a looser spiral and 4 in each stitch if you want a tight curl.
Make as many as you need to fill up your wreath!
Either tie or hot glue the succulents to the wreath, hang and you’re done!
Be sure to tag me in your recreations on Instagram or Twitter! Links are in the righthand sidebar 😊